• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can it be done???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocnwbee

Is it possible to OC this setup (System : HP-Pavilion RK572AA-ABA a1700n)?Is there a way to do a fimware update to the bios with new frequency and mutiplier settings, as it stands now i am unable to alter any of these settings in my bios. So as you can see I'm in need of some Extreme OCing help:bang head . here is the rest of the system info.
Thanks for any and all help
Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Speed : 2.00GHz
Model Number : 3800 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR7214 (estimated)
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Low Power, Dual-Core
Internal Data Cache : 64kB Synchronous, Write-Back, 2-way set, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte line size

Mainboard
Bus(es) : X-Bus PCI PCIe USB FireWire/1394
MP Support : 1 Processor(s)
MP APIC : No
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.04
System : HP-Pavilion RK572AA-ABA a1700n
Mainboard : ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM3
Total Memory : 1022MB DDR2-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1000MHz (2000MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1GB DDR2-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 250MHz (500MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Generic PnP Monitor
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Imaging Device : HP psc 2100

Physical Storage Devices
Hard Disk : SAMSUNG SP2504C ATA Device (233GB)

you won't be able to do it through the bios, your best bet would be with a program like clockgen or setfsb. this is software overclocking, and honestly, i don't think its worth the effort.

hUMANbEATbOX

Why do you say it wouldn't be worth the effort?

I had a buddy of mine that OC'd his rig and it just so happend to be a HP. After that OC, his computer would not run properly at all. If you really want to OC then do it. Maybe my buddy just had no idea what he was doing.

My wife has socket 939 version of that computer. I got a nice increase in 3dmark performance just switching out the crap ram they had in there. It was pc3200 micron stuff running at cas 3.

No you are not going to be able to OC through the bios on that computer HP and most other computer makers do not allow you to do this with there stuff .
If you use a software program to OC you are just asking for trouble .
I would say no you can not OC this setup if you really want to OC then you are going to need a new mobo for this . And there is only one real mobo that will do IMHO and that is a DFI .

Back