• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What RAM to go with AW9D Max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

I really like the HyperX 6400.
What do you think?

is this mobo (AW9D Max) really picky about RAM?
Any better recommended RAM (2GB) for overclocking this setup?

Note that I want it to boot instantly, without needing other RAM to update bios ...etc. (i.e. need to accept RAM voltage easily).

Some have found (said) it to be a little picky.

Have a look around to see what other user's are using.
If you find a number of members that all have had a good run with X ram, then it somewhat a safe bet.
I cant re-call seeing any one with that ram, so if it was me I wouldnt, but thats just me.

Im not saying it wont work or that there's any thing wrong it, its just I like to do my home work on what parts may OC the best with each other.

Gemini,

It may be easier to pick ram for you if you have an idea how far you'd like to OC the AW9D-Max. I never intended to try breaking any OC records, so I used some G.Skill ram that has been working flawlessly, whether at 1.8v or 2.0v.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

I run my E6600 at a mild OC of 326 FSB to equal the performance of the X6800 and couldn't be happier. If you wish to run at 400 FSB or higher, I'm sure one of the other members will chime in and give you some advice. Good luck with your purchase.

I've used Super Talent, G. Skill, Buffalo and Corsair on this board and all of them had ZERO problems booting or being recognized.

Thnx everyone for the advices.

I will research it a little bit more then pull the plug :)

P5B Deluxe vs. AW9D-MAX, what the pros and cons between them (as these are my final choices)?
I also asked the same question in a seperate thread :) :
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=504443

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
Back