• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii Sensor Calibration (or lack thereof)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

Is there an update or option that I don't know about to calibrate the Wiimote? My screen is really large and it is annoying having to point the Wiimote at the ground all the time(and it's not very ergonomic to have to do that either!)

Seem like the Wiimote is optimized for about a 35inch television. But I don't have a 35 inch television!

Is there a sensor bar extension cord? I have all my consoles sitting 19' away from the screen...

Pic of my screen

You could get a wireless sensor bar.

There are actually a few calibration options available for the Wii, but I agree that they need some more. I think optimal distance is about 3 to 10 feet away from the screen. If you're sitting 19 feet from the screen, you may have trouble.

If you haven't already, check out the calibration options that are available, and see if that helps you out.

The wireless sensor bar is an option, yeah. You can also have a light source that does the same. Like my christmas tree. I could point it at the christmas tree and got sparatic but hilarious results.

As long as it emits a strong enough IR band, it will work.

There is a calibration tool within the Wii menu options if I'm not mistaken. You could try turning the sensitivity down or up.

you're pretty much sol, especially if you are more than about 5' away from the screen. we have a 50" widescreen and the wiimote gets glitchy when we're on the couch and the couch is only about 7' away, when you play the fishing game on wii play, if you're more than about 5' away it has this huge box that comes up on the screen telling you to get close, real nice nintendo.

it does seem like the wii was designed for kids with 30" tv's in their small rooms b/c it just doesnt work well when you have the sensor bar on top of your tv and you sit far away.

Hmm... as soon as I get back to my apartment... I got a Large Screen wii bar mod planned....

Back