• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark06 problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trackrat

Registered
I downloaded this program the other day and ran it on my main computer, it got to the fourth test and locked up.
So I ran it again and exactly the same happened, it was running at 34fps when it happened, it was the snow scene, and no error showed up.
So I ran it on my other computer(which is not as powerful, and that one completed the test).
So I uninstalled 3Dmark and tried with the 05 version which it ran with no problem giving me a score of 9522.
I thought that it might be a bad install so I downloaded and installed 06 again and in exactly the same place it locked the computer up.
The specs for this computer are;
Seasonic S12 600w PSU
AMD 64 x 2 3800 processor
Asus 8AN Sli motherboard
Crucial 2 x 1gb DDR400 ram
G-Force 2 x 7600gt in SLi mode, both fitted with Zalmann fans.

My smaller computer which completed the 06 test is as follows;
Asus 400w PSU
Gigabyte motherboard
AMD 64 3500 processor
Kingston 2 x 512 DDR 400 ram
G-Force 6600.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this. I have the latest Nvidia drivers.
and nothing is showing up in the event viewer.

Hi Track,

Try changing some driver settings & if you can, monitor the card temperatures with Riva during the bench itself.

Any driver setting, Performance, Quality ect. Riva = Rivatuner, it's a program specifically designed for working with your graphics card. It covers everything from overclocking to temperature monitoring, check it out.

Back