• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap xbox and gamecube controllers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-maddog-

Does anyone know where you can get some good cheap controllers for xbox or gamecube?

There are 3rd party controllers for them, but I have generally found 3rd party controllers to either A: suck or B: not last very long. You're better off just biting the bullet and shelling out a few more bucks for the 1st party gear. Now, video cables and memory cards are a WHOLE different story :D

I personally have found Microsoft controllers to have very poor quality cords, that wear out after a few months. Most 3rd party controllers I have had, were poor in quality or design(especially mad cats), guess I'll have to go 1st party.

I loved the micro madcats controllers for Xbox, they had higher sensitivity than the regular ones. It is true that they wear out quicker though(my left stick would always wear out)!

What you do is buy them from Best Buy with the extended warranty. I exchanged 4 controllers, one at a time as each one's left stick wore out.

Of course this was due to 4 hours of play daily for 3 months. I'm hard on my controllers.

Poor cords? Go wireless :D :thup:

I've had problems with Pellican, Mad Catz and Nyko stuff wearing out WAAAAAAAAY before their time. Gravis has always been good to me though.

OCnewbee said:
If there is a EB Games near you i would say go to them. Pick up a set of used ones for the price of a single new one.

I have a Gamecrazy near me.

the only third party controller i ever liked was the logitech wireless one for ps2. other than that, i always tend to stick to oem parts.

Is there anywhere that still sells original xbox controllers?

Back