• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

disappearing threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuKE

I've noticed that the last two posts i've made to threads related to irc chat have gone missing. Could someone please figure out why? i made a post to realtime chat for the team thread on dec 06 and now it's gone. this is not very cool at all.

Last edited:
Yep. They're gone because the chat room led to quite a few problems for the length of time that it's been up.

if that is the case. then why wasn't i at least told about it. I have not heard one thing out of anyone that was negative about the chat room.

You'll have to ask Skip about it. He was not at all happy with any mention of a chat room because of not being able to control things that take place there. There was some mention of warez being connected with that, and he in no way wanted that associated with overclockers.com.

Last edited:
Ok, in what way is the channel i created linked to skips website, overclockers.com. My channel is created for the ocsetiteam. not overclockers.com. I never approached skip wanting to know if we could get a link on the main page or anything related to the irc channel. so how and when did skip get into this. tell you what guys. thanks for taking care of your members. it really show your true colors. i had a movie on my bot, and someone mentioned that that prolly wasn't cool. it was gone as soon as that comment was made. it has been turned against me even though i'm the one that had the interest in starting this channel. and to tim who had the point of not being able to control it. what is that in reference to? security? the issue was solved. whenever a member joins the channel their hostmask is changed. and by default the network masks the users host mask so the dns can't be resolved.

OCsetiteam is directly linked to overclockers.com because they are the same. You seem to feel that your chatroom should be loved because it's for the team...but if it detracts from the team (which it has) then I fail to see the reasoning.

You're right, this does show our true colors. We will not support something that detracts from the forums or anything linked to them. Ever.

i thought that the channel was a great idea for us oc.com seti members to comunicate better if we cant use that then what other options for chat rooms are there? u should look into it

bob they won't look into anything other then something they can control. it's that simple. i started something that was not associated with overclockers.com but with the seti forum thread. it really strikes me as odd and unfair(can i use that word) that my threads were deleted inviting ppl to join a chat medium other then the forum, but had nothing to do with overclockers.com. oh well. i guess that's how ppl get their jollies off is by messin with ppl who have less power then them.

merry christmas guys and gals. I'm no longer crunching for the team due to "personal reasons". i'll stop in every once in awhile to free my mind in the forums.

LuKE said:
bob they won't look into anything other then something they can control. it's that simple. i started something that was not associated with overclockers.com but with the seti forum thread. it really strikes me as odd and unfair(can i use that word) that my threads were deleted inviting ppl to join a chat medium other then the forum, but had nothing to do with overclockers.com. oh well. i guess that's how ppl get their jollies off is by messin with ppl who have less power then them.

merry christmas guys and gals. I'm no longer crunching for the team due to "personal reasons". i'll stop in every once in awhile to free my mind in the forums.

It's a shame to lose a member over something so petty. They had issues with possible warez floating around. Warez is bad for the site and forums. Seems simple enough to me. I can understand your POV, but if it threatens this site I have to agree with their policy.

Have fun out there. Hope to see you back sometime.

this is what i thought while reading your post godfodda. there is no way you could understand my point of view. you were neither there or involved with anything pertaining to this. so please don't try to "understand" where i'm coming from. and about the warez issue. i'll say it again, you weren't there so don't talk about something you don't have any insight about.

of course these are suggestions and are not, i say again, not orders or commands.

Thoughts on the team.....read the thread.

Stop bickering about pointless things guys. The official OC.com line has been spoken, we must abide by it. I fully understand both sides of the argument, and agree with both.

HOWEVER:- do you have some form of IM?

Why don't we all get ICQ and chat on that? Easy peasy.

Problem solved, time for another round of drinkies. Make mine a large one........:)

Because I get notified when there are things going on that should not be. If we leave links to it, we are condoning it's existance.

I'm sorry but Overclockers.com wants to stay as far away from Networked IRC as we possibly can. It's just too easy for something to happen there that we have no control over. If our name is being used or we are promoting links to it, we are "promoting" it's existance and are responsible for what goes on there.

The only way this could work is with very carefully worded disclaimers.

I am looking into putting up our own IRC type chat that ties in with the Forums member database. If not, I'll install an IRC Daemon on our own servers where we have some control over it.

Sorry you feel this way but we MUST look out for anything that could damage our existance.

LuKE said:
Ok, in what way is the channel i created linked to skips website, overclockers.com. My channel is created for the ocsetiteam. not overclockers.com. I never approached skip wanting to know if we could get a link on the main page or anything related to the irc channel. so how and when did skip get into this. tell you what guys. thanks for taking care of your members. it really show your true colors. i had a movie on my bot, and someone mentioned that that prolly wasn't cool. it was gone as soon as that comment was made. it has been turned against me even though i'm the one that had the interest in starting this channel. and to tim who had the point of not being able to control it. what is that in reference to? security? the issue was solved. whenever a member joins the channel their hostmask is changed. and by default the network masks the users host mask so the dns can't be resolved.

Back