Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

New coolers installed....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 05:34 PM Thread Starter   #1
eureb
Registered

New coolers installed....

Well, I got my Zalman VF-900-Cu, My Tuniq Tower 120, and my HR-05-SLI Chipset cooler in, and damn was that fun. The Zalman dropped my 7800s temps down 13 (55>42), but havn't noticed a real difference in the Tuniq(still around 32-34 at idle as it was w/ old HSF), and I never knew the temps of the chipset.

I lapped the Tuniq somewhat, but it wasn't that great of a job, and definatly could use more, but it's 10x better than it was...

One problem I have is that the Tuniq hits the fan on the side, preventing me from closing the side of my case. When I was looking at slimmer fans, I came across this one. Is it any good, or is there a better one?
eureb is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-15-07, 05:53 PM   #2
pik4chu
Senior Yellow Forum Rat

10 Year Badge

It is an older fan, but it is still a delta so certainly decent. What fan do you have on the side now?

Also, if there is other stuff you need http://www.excesssolutions.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi has the fan for $4 but min order of $25

Folding User Stats
Team 32 Countdown heatware
pik4chu is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool