• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system wont power up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ulterior

Registered
EDIT: Resolved, tested the PSU on another PC then replugged all the stuff and seemed to work.

Thanks for the attention, any help would be greatly appreciated. Me and a friend just got around to putting all my parts together last night, afaik assembly was pretty standard, everything fit together fairly nicely etc. However upon pushing the power button nothing happens at all. ive researched around and it seems this sort've fault would either be with the psu or the casepower to mobo cable.

The psu seems pretty simple, the back switch is set to 1, there is no voltage type selection, all the plugs are in, so Im not sure what todo here. If it helps, when plugging into the wall, there is that slight little sound that comes when you plugin some electronic devices.

The case-mobo leads these seem more fiddly, but afaik ive plugged them in fine. Did you guys want a photo? The blue/white wire with the end bit called POWER SW is plugged into the slot called PWR which is above the HDD option. Theres another bit to the left with 3 prongs called POWER next to LED, but that didnt seem like the right option. There are also 2 1-pronged bits labbeled + and - that dont seem to go anywhere....

gigabyte DS3 / Silverstone element 500W / coolermaster centurion5

e4300 / 7900gs / 26gb ddr2-667

Last edited:
Have you got the reset wires, power led wires and hard drive led wires hooked up?
I would suggest that you go over the wiring real good and make sure everything is just right. Pay special attention to the little wires going to the front of the case.

Back