• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston knows how to do it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

So I offered to fix my girlfriend's brother's computer for him. It is this old pre-built computer that (I'm only assuming) he got off of Tigerdirect. So I bring it home and am playing with it and keep getting random reboot, blue screens and odd errors. I finally run a memtest on it and the chip is bad right from the get go. So I take it out and look at it and three or four SMT resistors are blown completely off the board. So I look at the manufacturer and see that it is Kingston. Knowing they have a lifetime garauntee, I call them up to see about an RMA. Within 5 minutes they process my RMA and e-mail me instructions. All I did was print off this sheet, package the memory, and bring it to Fed-Ex and Kingston will pay for 2-day shipping to CA and for 2-day shipping back to me! I was blown away. So I shipped it on Saturday this past weekend and just got it last night. I have to say, Kingston knows how to handle their trade.

Its nice when a company steps up like that.....
I wish Sapphire was that way....Im in RMA hell with them right now :(

Yeah Kingston is nice. I bought a 1 gig mini SD card by accident for my sisters camera that takes SD cards. But I didn't worry because it said it came with an adapter. Well she opened it for christmas and it didn't. I called them up the next day and they sent a free one to her address in Kenora. I love it!

Back