• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lil' Help.. Random reboots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

Hello Guys..

I seem to be having problems with Reboots on my computer.
I have noticed that once in a while it reboots.. this happens.. once every week or sometimes more.. (it runs on, pretty much 24/7), though sometimes I will see multiple reboots in the same day.
What really makes me a lil anoyed, is I can no play Supreme Commander.. Every time I run the game.. I get a reboot, when I click on any menu item once inside the game (such as Multiplayer or single player)

I have run Orthos overnight for over 12 hours with no problems
I have Rum memtest86+ for a few hours as well.
With NO errors.
I have also run a Check disk and have found no errrors on it.

What Could be the problems and how would I test for each case.
All I find that is left.. is Video card or PSU?

The PSU should have no problems with my System, I would think.
And I am Running everything stock.

Here are my Specs:
Core 2 Duo 6300
AGP Nvidia 6800GS
ASRock 775Dual-VSTA
1Gig Value RAM
OCZ GameXStream 700W
120GB Seagate 7200.9

Sounds like it could be a couple of things to me:

Something is shorting the motherboard.
Your graphics card is over heating
Your graphics card cant handle the game.

Could be either of them i think. Try a re format mate and see how things go from there.

Why don't you download 3dmark and run that in a loop running only graphics benchmarks. then open up your case and touch your graphics card. If it burns its too hot =P. Also if you have a volt meter check out your voltages

I have tried Running 3DMark05's GT2 and GT3 both in a loop. With No problems
According to everest and the GPU sensor, My GPU did not go over 45C and Ambiend to 42C which I believe should be just fine..
Saw no artifacts or anything ran just fine...

I unfortunately have no Volt-Meter
Is a cheapo one worth getting? Or should I wait a lil' and invest in a proper one?

I believe I have all I need backed up as well now so I may try a reformat later this evening if no one has any other ideas what I could try..

Or it can be the 700W power supply is not really 700Watts...

Or you have overloaded one of your 12v rails... causing it to reboot.

One of the reasons why I don't like multiply rail power supplies, so easy to hit the maximum on any single Rail.

Since I had been busy lately..
I have finally Formated and Reinstalled windows...

Supreme commander still reboots the computer... I have not had this happen any other ways yet... but this install is only a few hours long... so haven't used it much to see...

I'm gonna have to test out a different PSU... See if it helps.

Back