• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZoneAlarm and XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

just uninstall za 3.6 pro, it didn't allow me to connect to the internet. It only allow me to connect once (after every reboot), but when I sign off and try to connect again, Netzero just stay at the "identify ID and password" part forever until it disconnect (same with ATT world net)

Yes, I allow every thing to connect to the net with ZA, what's the problem? this didn't happen when I use win2000.

There is a built in Fire Wall with XP. Try turning off the XP firewall and then using Zone Alarm. This helped me with my home network.

Hmmm..

You should definitely turn the firewall off in XP considering it s0x0rs!

Try turning off both firewall and see what happens

ymNA said:
sorry, but how can I turn off the xp firewall? thanks
If you don't know how to turn it off then chances are you never turned it on ...I beleive its off by default...

go to control panel /network conections(on classic view). Right click on the connection you want to remove the fire wall from and click on properties then the advanced tab and uncheck the firewall check box

If you run the home networking wizard the firewall is turned on during the process. If you turn the firewall off and run the wizard again it is turned on again.

It is a bit of a pain.

Back