• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aux temp sensor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

Here's a SS from the sensor section of Everest Home:

tempsrt3.jpg

Does anybody know what they AUX temp sensor could be? It's significantly higher than the rest of the temps in my case, just wondering what it could be. This is the main rig in my sig. Only think I can think of is that the mobo has 2 temp sensors on it? I know the P5W is known for running hot.

Thanks for the help.

I think it's just a bad sensor or something. Mine did the same thing (read 55-60c for me).

If its anything like my 6800GT (looks like you have a NV vid card), then its probably the voltage regulator temp sensor on the card itself. RivaTuner will show that temp labeled correctly in it own monitor screen, and it is usually higher then the gpu itself.

What leads me to believe its that as well, is the fact that the Aux on your screen has a monitor icon next to it, just like the GPU.

I downloaded RivaTuner, but can't seem to find the temp display in it. Where is that found?

EDIT.... Never mind, I found it. Core temperature is the only one that shows up.

On the Main tab, top portion where is says "Target adapter", you'll notice two boxes with information about your video card. Top box is white, bottom box is gray. In the gray box (mine says "256-bit NV40 (A1, 16x1,6vp) with 256MB DDR3"), you'll see a small box with "Customize..." to the right of it. Click the box, a couple of more boxes will open up. The next to last box sould be "Hardware Monitoring" (keep your mouse over the icon for a second). Click that and you'll get the graphs for Voltage, temperture, speed, etc, for your vid card. If you dont see all the temp sensors, you can add them in by choosing "Setup" at the bottom and adding in (or taking out) the sensors you choose.

The Aux Temp will probably be different depending on your motherboard. The Aux Temp on my mobo is the MOSFET temperature, the power regulator or something.

Mpegger said:
On the Main tab, top portion where is says "Target adapter", you'll notice two boxes with information about your video card. Top box is white, bottom box is gray. In the gray box (mine says "256-bit NV40 (A1, 16x1,6vp) with 256MB DDR3"), you'll see a small box with "Customize..." to the right of it. Click the box, a couple of more boxes will open up. The next to last box sould be "Hardware Monitoring" (keep your mouse over the icon for a second). Click that and you'll get the graphs for Voltage, temperture, speed, etc, for your vid card. If you dont see all the temp sensors, you can add them in by choosing "Setup" at the bottom and adding in (or taking out) the sensors you choose.

ah, ok, I will try adding that sensor when I get home form work, Thanks for the advice.

Back