• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU recommendations ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mobitsfa

Right now I have the psu in sig. I'm getting worried it's not going to handle what i'm going to put in. Here is everything i'll have. of course mobo + 4 pin cpu.

e6300 Oc to 3.5ghz 1.5+ vcore
4 led 120mm fans
2 sata hard drives
swiftech pump
fan controller
2 optical drives

so i'm adding a hd, opt. drive, 2 fans, fan controller.

can you recommend good a good psu that can handle this?

I like the hiper psu's because you can disconnect cables you're not using. Are these any good?

If what you want is modular..
Corsair HX or Seasonic M series is what I would suggest.
The ~500W units would be fine

The current PSU would likely be fine with upgraded cooling, fan upgrade (and decent ventailation, not using its fan to vent the case)

mobitsfa said:
Right now I have the psu in sig. I'm getting worried it's not going to handle what i'm going to put in. Here is everything i'll have. of course mobo + 4 pin cpu.

e6300 Oc to 3.5ghz 1.5+ vcore
4 led 120mm fans
2 sata hard drives
swiftech pump
fan controller
2 optical drives

so i'm adding a hd, opt. drive, 2 fans, fan controller.

can you recommend good a good psu that can handle this?

I like the hiper psu's because you can disconnect cables you're not using. Are these any good?

If you want a new power supply and as greenmaji stated, quite a few of us have bought the Corsair 520HX models (Seasonic OEMs) on the recommendations of the experts here. No one has posted any displeasure with them at all. I certainly have no complaints. They are modular, very quiet and pack a good punch. Right now your best price is here:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373100

i really like the Seasonic M12 series. If you read from johnnyguru they are the top of the line modular PSU. the corsair HX series are made by seasonic though.

I'd reckon to say that the Decathalon series from Silverstone could take that crown away from the M12 series

EDIT: holy crap, I've turned white. Just like dog poo when it sits there too long :)

Back