• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switch+Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadeath900

Disabled
So I have a router and a switch. I have ethernet cable coming from my router in the other room and I plugged it into the switch as the uplink. My xbox 360 works since I plugged it into port 2 on the switch. I also have my pc on port 3 on the switch but my pc tells me that the ethernet cable is unplugged. :confused:
What should I do?

:welcome: to the forums!

Can you try switching the cable between the Xbox and PC?
What is the switch brand and model?
Do you know what kind of NIC you have in your computer? Or at least how old it is?

I can switch the cable inbetween my pc and xbox just fine but I want to be able to use the lan for both my xbox and pc at the same time. The switch brand is Packard Bell Fast Ethernet Switch. My NIC is the one built into my dfi lanparty SLI DR ultra Expert mobo.

Sounds like a bad cable or a bad port(#3) on the switch if both the 360 and PC work on #2. Try changing the cable that is plugged into port 2 and plug it into port 3. If the 360 works on port 3, then it must be the cable that was used between the switch and the PC.

noxqzs said:
Sounds like a bad cable or a bad port(#3) on the switch if both the 360 and PC work on #2. Try changing the cable that is plugged into port 2 and plug it into port 3. If the 360 works on port 3, then it must be the cable that was used between the switch and the PC.
Cable is fine. Ive used an ethernet tester and it showed just fine.

Back