• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8n-Sli Premium holding back OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

allen1090

system is in the sig. The highest stable htt(fsb) I seem to be able to get is 272 and my opty is just waiting for more. 2720mhz @1.3625v. Anything higher and I either cant get past the POST or almost instantly bsod's in windows.
Ive tried bumping the voltage on the cpu, chipset, and htt ?chip?, none of witch helped any. Ive tried changing any settings that I though might help but none have either.

Any ideas that dont involve soldering?
Should I sell this board and look for a DFI?

What's your DRAM settings look like? I've run into the issue that my SLI Deluxe (flashed to premium, same difference really) really doesnt like manual ram timings, and the selection available sucks anyways. Also have you tried more voltage? you're about at the point where you'll start needing to venture into the 1.4X vcore area to get much more clock out of it. 272 is awful low to run out of HTT link speed though, my board will do 335 without any problems aside from having to use auto timings and then use a program to change the ram timings to what I really need. One other thing, what's your HT multiplier set at? At 272 you'll probably need to drop to 3x if you haven't already.

Ram is only at 181mhz, I'm running the 266 divider since 333 wont boot.:confused:
HT is at 3x

Ive tried bumping the cpu volts up to the 1.5v max, with no avail.

I'll go try the auto timings and report back afterwards

Back