• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 Duo Prices?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
april 22nd. theres a bunch of info floating around in this board if you look for it.

Yeah, I can't wait for the price drop. I want to pick up a Quad Core Q6600 or an E6700 if the price is right.

I was at Microcenter today to check on steppings and noticed the E6300 has been sold out. Microcenter is matching internet prices, retail processors at the store. Not bad. I was told the E6300 is phasing out. Hopefully these will be available during the price cuts.

I was told the E6300 is phasing out. Hopefully these will be available during the price cuts.
It seems the e6300 is being replaced with the e6320, which is the same cpu except it's a Conroe (4mb L2) instead of Allendale (2mb L2). List is $163usd.

Mycobacteria said:
is it a bit of speculation? or is this set in concrete?

they will either be called e6320 or e6340 or e6350....i've heard it referenced diff ways. i think e6340 is the correct one.

the 2mb e6300 is supposed to still be around, just as an allendale. that's what the last roadmap i looked at indicated, but who knows, those can change at any time.

i'd say that unless it's coming directly from a press release from Intel, it should be considered speculation. Info comes from different sources, some more reputable than others, but should always be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd say what should be taken away from the info is
a) there will be new chips released
b) this will happen on or about april 22nd
c) with the new release, there will be price cuts to existing chips

as for the specific prices and products, I'd say that can change and we'll have to wait and see.

its think it is official that 4mb e63xx's and e64xx's are coming, whatever they end up being called.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
its think it is official that 4mb e63xx's and e64xx's are coming, whatever they end up being called.

o yeah, definitely, but as you said, the names aren't 100%.

One Bull said:
Hmm the e6700 is somehow a chip thats rarely bought, why do you want to get one? What are the advantages/disatvantages of it that it is so uncommon?
I think the reason it is so uncommon around here is that the e6600 has the same 4mb cache, but a lower price. That combination makes it (the e6600) more attractive, especially since all c2d's seem to max out around the same frequency (~3.5ghz on air).

splat said:
I think the reason it is so uncommon around here is that the e6600 has the same 4mb cache, but a lower price. That combination makes it (the e6600) more attractive, especially since all c2d's seem to max out around the same frequency (~3.5ghz on air).

Also the fact that the E6700 is soo much more expensive... $200 is a lot of money!

After 4/22 the 6700 will be less than $100 more than the 6600. At that point it might be worth it to me (using water cooling).

Last edited:
splat said:

Hmm, I see. I guess I would take a e6600 and $200 too if it maxes out at the same frequency. :)

Back