• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should the stock clock speed be for the 7600GS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockwork_Apple

I just got this 7600GS cheap off eBay and it seems to be made by 3D Fuzion, although there was no marking on the card and no indication by the listing on eBay.

Anyways, stock clocks are 500/400, but all sites state that 7600GS stock clocks are 400/400 :shrug:

Am I missing something?

Clockwork_Apple said:
I just got this 7600GS cheap off eBay and it seems to be made by 3D Fuzion, although there was no marking on the card and no indication by the listing on eBay.

Anyways, stock clocks are 500/400, but all sites state that 7600GS stock clocks are 400/400 :shrug:

Am I missing something?

Dunno what to tell you, I looked up that vid card and I found a 400/400 clock default. does rivatuner also show a 500/400 clock?

That screenshot shows nVidia drivers and RivaTuner, both set to defaults.

I just downloaded and installed ATITool, and that aswell shows stock clocks of 500/400.

My brother has a Gigabyte 7600GS (although his is AGP and mine is PCI-E) and his stock clocks are 400/400.

I'm confused :eh?:

I have an BFG 7600 GS OC AGP

Out of the box, the clocks are 420/550 I believe.

So, I would imagine the regular GS is 400/500.

BlitzPuppet said:
go into hardware monitor in rivatuner and see what it shows the clocks at.

riva_hw.jpg

I'm now thinking this isnt just a driver mistake but that the core clock is actually 500Mhz rather than the normal 400. Why the hell would it be though?

Do you think it's worth updating drivers? I'm using some fairly old ones, should I try the latest forceware? :shrug:

Clockwork_Apple said:
riva_hw.jpg

I'm now thinking this isnt just a driver mistake but that the core clock is actually 500Mhz rather than the normal 400. Why the hell would it be though?

Do you think it's worth updating drivers? I'm using some fairly old ones, should I try the latest forceware? :shrug:

May be a driver flaw but I really don't know, try upgrading I guess. Those are pretty good temps for a 100mhz core overclock so I doubt it's actually true...lol. If it doesn't change then you're a lucky guy I guess, lol.

naw i could see a 100mhz oc with thoes temps... looks liek the person you bought it from flased it at 500/500 (1000mhz effective) hey as long as you dont get artifacts, and temps are good, leave it... actually dont leave it OC IT MORE!

Back