• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm!!!!

ChinStrap said:
i smell a little bit of a bottleneck.

/side question: what is the motherboard?
What if its oc'd to 3.6?I can maintain 55 degrees @3.6 so I will keep it there ,but will it bottleneck or are you not sure???(asrock 865g/478 prescott 800fsb/untied oc'ing/agp lock)

a 7950gt wont work in a AGP mobo... gotta find a card that comes in AGP flavor... highest on nvidia side is the 7800gs... ati is x1950pro agp if im not mistaken.

As ChinStrap mentioned; the bottleneck will be the p42.8 fsb 533. Doesn't matter if you clocked it to 4Ghz, it's still a 533FSB chip.

Why don't you invest that money in a new board and chip, then concentrate on a new video card. Don't put the buggy before the horse.

And btw, no need for all those exclamation points.

what

Then I still will need a card,plus I want to max out this board before moving on to pci-e.

well i didnt realize XFX released a AGP 7950 as it is not a standard card isshued by nvidia...

and as stated... get a new board and cpu and go pcie... your going to be severly bottle necked to the max.

It's time to move on to pci-e. Your board is already maxed out especially with a 2.4 533. A 7950GT wouldn't help in cpu bound games and even in games that aren't cpu bound. It is very slow by todays standards.

AGP 7950GT is expensive. For the same cash you could almost get a 8800GTS, which is a lot better.

Wait until 9th, buy a X2 3200+ for like $70, a board for $40, 2 gigs of RAM for $100, and the 8800GTS.

You would have a KILLER system for a few years for $210 + 8800GTS price.

Nice!!

ShadowPho said:
AGP 7950GT is expensive. For the same cash you could almost get a 8800GTS, which is a lot better.

Wait until 9th, buy a X2 3200+ for like $70, a board for $40, 2 gigs of RAM for $100, and the 8800GTS.

You would have a KILLER system for a few years for $210 + 8800GTS price.
Now that doesn't sound to bad at all.But,I see alot of 8800gtx(gts,gt and all of that) posting's with nothing but problems.

Last edited:
deltaxx33 said:
Now that doesn't sound to bad at all.But,I see alot of 8800gtx(gts,gt and all of that) posting's with nothing but problems.

are you kidding... most ppl with g80s dont have probs... i havnt had a SINGLE problem with mine since the time i got it (when it launched back in november)

but IMO i would not go with such a low processor, you IMO would need at least a x2 3800 ocd to satisfy a 8800gts. THUS you should wait till april 22nd. intel and amd prices are going to drop. Pick up a Core 2 DUO e4300 for $113 and there are good boards out there for less than 50. add some ram and a 8600ultra (gts) or a 8800gts and you my friend will have one banging budget system.

Nice

nd4spdbh2 said:
are you kidding... most ppl with g80s dont have probs... i havnt had a SINGLE problem with mine since the time i got it (when it launched back in november)

but IMO i would not go with such a low processor, you IMO would need at least a x2 3800 ocd to satisfy a 8800gts. THUS you should wait till april 22nd. intel and amd prices are going to drop. Pick up a Core 2 DUO e4300 for $113 and there are good boards out there for less than 50. add some ram and a 8600ultra (gts) or a 8800gts and you my friend will have one banging budget system.
Thanks I might wait until fall and start looking into pci-e boards.

Easy!!!

ViperJohn said:
Now try and find one to buy lol.

Viper
Just go to your nearest sam's club,should be in stock.

Last edited:
Back