• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant OC in SLI????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

I got two BFG 7950GTs on their own they can oc from 565 to 600 on the GPU easy.

When I SLI and I oc I can only get a 580 oc.... where did my 20 Mhz go???

Does SLI inhibit the OC ability of a GPU. (remember both cards can reach 600 easy on their own)

i suggest posting your full system specs to help people, i'm not big on Nvidia but my only guess without seeing any system specs would be quite possibly an insufficient psu to run everything and clock it higher?

Ohhh it could be the PSU I never thought of that!

I have a silver stone 600w (modular)
P4 Dual core 960 oced to 4.5
Corsair Dominators 8888s
P5N32 SLI SE MB
2 WD Raptors
2 DVDs
1 Audigy 4
1 wireless card
2 D5 Pumps
(the water works 4 blocks 2 rads 5L res)

You think I might be pushing the 600 PSU a bit too hard... not enough juice left for OC??

"I" honestly couldnt tell you, it was my first guess without knowing what you had, and i havent had much experience with dual core and dual graphics cards, what i can say is that what you just posted will help an experienced member once they wander around, which is better than waiting for them to ask you what i just did then have to wait for their reply :) sorry i couldnt be the best of help.

Back