• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x2 5200 am2 cheaper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titanos

Registered
why is the X2 5200 AM2 cheaper then the X2 4800 AM2 and X2 5000 AM2

is the x5000 better in proformance then the x5200?:confused:

i know the 5200 has better L2 cache but why is it priced cheaper?:beer:

and if your were to buy either of the 3...which would you buy:confused:

AlabamaCajun said:
I'm stumped since the 5200 does have 1M L2 :puzzled: but it's AMD's recent price drops and supply channels for my guess.

yes am stumped as well...its thrown me off on my choice.. but getting the 5200 would be the better choice still right?

It may be because of the wattage of the processor..I think the the 1st 3 digits of the part number are ADO- is 65w , and ADA- is 89w. I know when I was shopping for a processor the 65w models cost a little more.( lower power consumpsion = less heat ?) I think?

Yea the X2 5200+ is probably the best deal because of the cache, which gives a ~5% boost. The Brisbane would also probably do you well because it runs cooler, but of those choices I would get the 5200+.

funnyperson1 said:
Yea the X2 5200+ is probably the best deal because of the cache, which gives a ~5% boost. The Brisbane would also probably do you well because it runs cooler, but of those choices I would get the 5200+.

yeh i will stick to the x2 5200, am not worried about heat really, since i got a chiller water cool setup

The 5200+ is superior.

Cheaper prices are just as someone said, to clear certain items.. It's this way in Australia at the moment too.. need to look twice.

Back