• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X64 Client fo Boinc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleslater

X64 Client fo Boinc - Slower forget it

I really don't know how much better it will be for credits yet. but I just downloaded it and ran a benchmark.

My CPU @ 3.5Ghz used to get
  • 3277.95 MIPS "Wetstone"
  • 6873.92 MIPS "Drystone"

The same CPU with the new client benchmarks a little higher.
  • 3310.09 MIPS "Wetstone"
  • 10714.98 MIPS "Drystone"

We'll see in a few days how it actually is but for those who are interested. It works for Vista X64 and XP X64 (I can verify the Vista part bu not the XP part...) And the Client does require Net 2.0. I also installed the "Simple GUI" he had there for what difference I do not know. But it ran and I think simple is better :D If it means anything it claims to be version 5.9.0

http://calbe.dw70.de/

And I will very soon be in the top 100 :D Another day... I'd appologive but I'm only passing an inactive member.

Update: It seems to be slightly faster though how much I can't say yet. If anyone does use this.. Make sure to go and change preferences at least once. Even if it is a minor thing. As it refused to download new tasks until I did an slight preference change.

Last edited:
Drystone went up alot, interesting.
But Boinc client should not have any impact on amount of credits granted since Seti app calculates credit by its own ( based on flop counting ).

Now if only there were x64 seti app optimized for c2d, or some other project that uses alot of integer calculations.
Crunch on. :)

Yeah. I'm still using the x32 optimizations. But the drystone should help processing speed. I don't expect the credits to go up. Just expect the number of WU's to go up :D.

Also I finally made it to the top 100 :D.

Hamm3r said:
Now if only there were x64 seti app optimized for c2d, or some other project that uses alot of integer calculations.
Crunch on. :)

That would be awesome!!:bday:

But that just links you to the Boinc Download page. I am going to try removing the optimizations (the 32bit ones) tomorrow to see what happens.

Keep the info comming if it makes an improvement in times taken per wu then i will be interested in changing to 64bit os .

Hmm... Whatever you do. Don't just remove the optimizatons... Boinc went crazy and I had to reinstall it. So I'm back with the regular 5.8.16 client x86 for now until the tasks complete and I have no tasks. Then I will delete the directory and start the whole thing fresh and see what happens.

Okay... Finished all the tasks unistalled and reinstalled without the optimizations.

x86 client

X64 Client

Those are just the PC states. I have not merged the new install yet and I won't for a couple of days.

The only problem I have still... Is that it still downloads 5.15 seti enhanced x86... So it may not actually help much. though the Drystone is much higher and that may or may not help.

Hmm... Something interesting... My lappy with optimizations for C2D is running setienhanced 5.17 while my x64 client without optimizations is running 5.15... I bet that makes it usesless :D

Back