• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, so I have a Web cam, but it wont wont detect.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auto542

Ok I found a web cam, but I do not have the CD to use it, so I was hoping that I could download the thing for it, the thing is, I do not know what the manufacturer is. it has a design but I can not tell what company it comes from. So how would I get it to work with my computer?

hehe, I would. but I do not have a way to do it. I am sorry. I will give a description of it though.

It is Black and a purple color. the symbol of it has a circle with ge I think. the ge symbol is on the Stand, the stand screws into the webcam at the bottom of the cam. it has a Blue/Purple button on top to push. it has 2 black circle like buttons, but they do not go in, they are just for show. the front of the webcam has a zoom like thing that you can turn both ways. it hooks up via USB. the USB cord is all black. There is 3 little indention like lines about 1cm in width going Horizontal on both sides. that is all that I can think of that will help. I hope it helps.

I've never seen a webcam exactly like the one your describing. However, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of models of webcams. Are there any numbers at all on the unit?

E119932 RJ AWM 2725 80*c 30v VW-1 LL84201 CSA AWM 1/0 A 80*c 30v FT1 COPARTNER

That is what it says on the USB cord. there is no numbers on the cam or base though. that is all there was.

If there's an FCC number on it somewhere (pretty much all US electronic devices have FCC codes) you could try running that through google.

There's also the Unknown Device Identifier: http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html . Since it's USB and not some infernal serial interface that program should find the chipset it uses at least.

^^^^
Pretty sure that's just the code for the cable itself, not the cam.

same problem

hi am having the same problem and was wondering how you resolved it , get bak to me thanx

umm hi, "auto542" what drivers did you use and install cuz i have the same webcam with no driver... please help me, am un sure how to use that program its doesnt show up my webcam just loads of others, thank you 4 greeting me dfonda!

Back