• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 931bw DVI: Blurry Text and Image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

Today I bought a DVI cable to replace the VGA cable that came with the monitor. It was hooked up to an 8800 gts using the latest nvidia drivers.

I fired up Supreme Commander and changed the resolution to 1440 x 900 which is the native resolution for a 19" wide screen monitor. After changing I quit the game only to see the text and image become garbled and blurred. Since I was using DVI, I could not autoadjust like I normally would if I were using VGA.

the first thing I tried was reinstalling the video drivers, it didn't help at all. I pressed the menu button on my monitor and checked the information tab. It said that I was running it at 1280 x 1024. Strange because in the display properties in Windows said I was running at 1440 x 900.

The only solution that I have found is to change back to the VGA cable. I verified the DVI cable on another monitor to make sure that nothing was wrong with it. Furthermore, the monitor and the display was fine earlier that today when I was playing FEAR.

I'm not sure what the problem here is... but I think it is related to the nVidia drivers.

If these is an Auto setting on your LCD setup, try that. Everytime I mess with any setting on my system, I need to refresh the LCD so it will resize the screen properly and that usually clears up any blurry text I have.

AFAIK, DVI has some sort of automatic adjustment feature. when I was using DVI it would not let me use the auto button. I could only use it with VGA.

really? Hmm, strange because when I was running with the DVI cable it told me that the autoadjust feature was disabled.

I got it to work.
A GDI refresh rate of 60 hz didn't work for me but a 75 refresh rate did. When I first went to add a custom timing it defaulted to 75 but i changed it to 60. Seems like it wanted 75 the whole time.

Last edited:
Back