• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo help with cpu fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackp1

Registered
iv put a new mobo in my pc (asus).. put on all of the software,it works a treat. the problem is the cpu heatsink fan, its spinning flat out iv been into bios, hardware manager iv set the temp to 50c put the fan on quiet mode and put the speed on slow. however when i save and exit it reboots and there is no change to the fan. now iv looked at the fan plug, and what plugs into the mobo its a 3 point end and the mobo is a 4 point end could this be my problem ie if i buy a fan with a 4point end will it work. iv also checked the temp incase it was running hot however its only on 35c so its definatley not hot.cheers

Yes. You'll have to put the 3pin into a 4pin molex adapter and hook up the adapter to the power supply. You can slo try a fan controller. This will allow you to manually adjust the fan speed to your liking and have control over the fan if the cpu gets too hot.

Back