• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geat success! *thumbs up*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*in best Borat voice*
Very nice, yes.

wow, only 300 too, awesome monitor!

Update: They just shipped it to the shipper.

Hopefully I won't get any dead pixels. From there on I will get a shop to build me the desktop because I don't have the balls to do it myself. :(

Borat_Two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg
bush_thumbs_up.jpg

That's one of the monitors I was looking at :D I think I'm gonna go for a 20" though when I get the money... right after WCing... ;)

Ahhh, now I have to go watch that movie again... Good luck with the rest of the build, keep us posted :D

Last edited:
iv been buying these for a while, i own two of them, one for gaming for one for HTPC.

neither of mine are dells though, one is a Chimei, one is a Proview, but its the same LCD panel all made by same manufacturer, i got both of mine for 400au each. Interesting that dell is now shipping these also.

One thing you should note, 1680*1050 is a 16:10 ratio not 16:9 so you will get black bars in movies, and you better make sure that your games have some kind of widescreen resolution, because you definently can't play them in 4:3 resolutions :(

that said most games support a widescreen profile these days.

older games might be an issue.

Phrenetical said:
iv been buying these for a while, i own two of them, one for gaming for one for HTPC.

neither of mine are dells though, one is a Chimei, one is a Proview, but its the same LCD panel all made by same manufacturer, i got both of mine for 400au each. Interesting that dell is now shipping these also.

One thing you should note, 1680*1050 is a 16:10 ratio not 16:9 so you will get black bars in movies, and you better make sure that your games have some kind of widescreen resolution, because you definently can't play them in 4:3 resolutions :(

that said most games support a widescreen profile these days.

older games might be an issue.

what wtf is going on!?!!?!?!

Yeah it just stretches if you play in a different resolution, but most modern games should support your resolution. You could still tweak the console in older games to get them up to 1680x1050, but in a handful of games you have to go by the built in presets(1280x1024). I love my widescreen, but you really need an 8800 to play at max settings at 1920x1200 :eek:

Post your specs up already!

Springbok said:
Yeah it just stretches if you play in a different resolution, but most modern games should support your resolution. You could still tweak the console in older games to get them up to 1680x1050, but in a handful of games you have to go by the built in presets(1280x1024). I love my widescreen, but you really need an 8800 to play at max settings at 1920x1200 :eek:

You can set it to stretch or not, though I think it automatically stretches if you don't select the other option.

Don't worry I have a 8800GTS with the system. Just search my threads for my system thread. I'm too lazy to type it up.

No not yet. Im going to wait until the monitor comes. I'm also thinking of changing the RAM, anybody got any suggestions?

Springbok said:

Yeah, except ALL EA games...NFS specifically, have to use mods for that...*sigh*

Mr. Roboto said:
oh I know. People have been complaining to them for soo long for WS support, yet they do not deliver.

But the online community does...lol, you can almost widescreen anything now...

Back