• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just curious

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usmcsix

Registered
has anyone ever disabled the core 1 option?
how does this compare to other single cores? or does it. on the bios of the 6700 there was a option to disable core1.

six

usmcsix said:
has anyone ever disabled the core 1 option?
how does this compare to other single cores? or does it. on the bios of the 6700 there was a option to disable core1.

six
The only reason you would want to disable the second core is extreme overclocking (to find the max that the CPU can run). There will be NO gain if you disable that performance wise, actually since you will lose 1 core it is a 50% loss.

One Bull said:
just look at his sig..

Just because I didn't quote usmcsix you should have been able to figure out that I was talking to the person who started the thread. No sig.

Thanks for the added value to the thread though.

lorax26 said:
Just because I didn't quote usmcsix you should have been able to figure out that I was talking to the person who started the thread. No sig.

Thanks for the added value to the thread though.

Haha, didn't notice that :)

As far as added value concerned, it's not a problem so what type his mobo is is also irrelvant ;)

Back