• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to stop wireless Zero config after....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK well i need to be able to stop the WZC service automatically after my wireless card connects to my router. I need to do this because WZC polls for available wireless AP's every 2 minutes, causing a total hault on data transmission of any kind, which really ****es me off. Now i can simply wait for the computer to start, go start > run and enter net stop wzcsvc but i dont want to do that and i really need it automatic because this is a server computer.

so is there anyway to execute the "net stop wzcsvc" command automatically after my wireless has connected?

this is true... i could just use the utility that came with the damn card... problem is the utility is a POS. airlink 101 utility is HORRIBLE... but the card is pretty good.

nd4spdbh2 said:
OK well i need to be able to stop the WZC service automatically after my wireless card connects to my router. I need to do this because WZC polls for available wireless AP's every 2 minutes, causing a total hault on data transmission of any kind, which really ****es me off. Now i can simply wait for the computer to start, go start > run and enter net stop wzcsvc but i dont want to do that and i really need it automatic because this is a server computer.

so is there anyway to execute the "net stop wzcsvc" command automatically after my wireless has connected?
What you seek is probably:

"Wireless FiXP"
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1190/

Back