• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

... BIOS flash goes wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

Somethings gone wrong with my BIOS flash. I'm not getting a Post after using the program & BIOS on DFIs site. Am I f***ed? How do I fix this :'(

(see siggy for specs)

edit: how did i end up posting this in intel ... someone move it plz

Last edited:
Have you tried reflashing? If thats not successful you might want to find a friend with the board and get them to reflash it. But DFI boards are notorious for bad flashes so look forward to that.

Any opinions on this just build a new system with a Asus P5K MB and a E6750 C2D and was all set to have to flash the bios for the cpu to work since it came with bios 0414 and everywhere I read it needed the 0603 and low and behold it booted no problem, so is it worth the chance to update to the new bios or leave well enought alone it not haveing any issues with install at this time.

If done properly a bios flash is not nearly as scary as it used to be. Just don't use Asus update to do it. Use a floppy and it's not a big deal.

Any opinions on this just build a new system with a Asus P5K MB and a E6750 C2D and was all set to have to flash the bios for the cpu to work since it came with bios 0414 and everywhere I read it needed the 0603 and low and behold it booted no problem, so is it worth the chance to update to the new bios or leave well enought alone it not haveing any issues with install at this time.
:welcome: to the forums!

You should have created a new thread instead of posting that in here ;)

I'd say reflash it, if it is showing the wrong version, it did not update.

Back