• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

939 MB that runs Vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

My A7N8X deluxe system died the other day when a Raid-0 disk died. So I figured that I'd run Vista on it, just to find that apparently nForce2 MBs won't support Vista. It did install but I guess I need drivers for audio and maybe ethernet. I suppose I can just drop in an audio card and disable onboard sound.

Just in case this doesn't work out, is there a 939 mb that I can drop my Athlon into that does support Vista?

I think my brain is fried. My opty is 939, the A7N8X is ... Socket A, right? Yikes. Oh, never mind. It's been too long since I popped open that case.

Have you checked Asus's website? You might have to download some new drivers for your A7N8X. I couldn't imagine they flat-out wouldn't support NForce2 boards.

And yes- 939 is the newer A64's.....the A7N8X is Socket A, which supports Athlon XP's. For the price you can just buy a cheap 939 board and cpu for under $100.

Bios24 said:
Have you checked Asus's website? You might have to download some new drivers for your A7N8X. I couldn't imagine they flat-out wouldn't support NForce2 boards.
nVidia aren't supporting Vista on nF2 with drivers.

Right, no support. It installs fine but the audio and ethernet aren't working. I guess if I want to use the board I can drop in an audio and ethernet card that are supported.

Back