• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

conroe or allendale?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sil40sx

how do I know what kind of CPU do i have? Because everest reads mine as allendale, but CPU-Z says it's conroe,..
Untitled4.jpg Untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
so it means mine is conroe, and cpu-z is more accurate than everest in regards with cpu specs?

oh I see, thanks for the quick response guyz!

Last edited:
this is true my E6400 B2 week24 does 3ghz at near stock voltage core...where my E4300 needes 1.45v for 3ghz.

pretty much any E6300 or E6400 you buy retail is a allendale... the only conroes now have 4mb L2 cache.

Evilsizer said:
this is true my E6400 B2 week24 does 3ghz at near stock voltage core...where my E4300 needes 1.45v for 3ghz.

i second that! because my e6400 is stable @ 3.2Ghz on 1.34v

Mycobacteria said:
Is there a way to tell that you have a conroe or an anadelae BEFORE you open the box?
IIRC, the batch number should be different. Example, L632 means it's a Conroe. The Allendales should have a Q in place of the L.

inkfx said:
L632 means it's a Conroe. The Allendales should have a Q in place of the L.

good thing i saw this before i get to buy cpu for my bro. now i know which one to pick! thanks for the info

2mb cache is allendale. 4mb is conroe. Thats how you tell. The cheaest conroe is the e6600. The cheapest allendale is the e4300.

PanteraGSTK said:
2mb cache is allendale. 4mb is conroe. Thats how you tell. The cheaest conroe is the e6600. The cheapest allendale is the e4300.
wrong.

my e6300 is a CONROE, 4mb of cache is on the chip, but Intel has disabled 2mb.

Allendale has 2mb of cache native. there is no disabling going on.

you can tell the difference between an Allendale and a Conroe by either the FPO/BATCH# on the side of the box and on the IHS for oem cpus. Allendales have a FPO that starts with Q6, Conroes have a FPO that starts with L6.

if you have the cpu installed, you can tell with CPUZ. Allendale has a stepping of L2, Conroe has a stepping of B2.

my Conroe. notice, 2mb of cache, B2 stepping.
374761802_580fb1a9aa_o.jpg

So does that mean when it comes to new stock, an E6300 with 2MB is a allendale and an E6320 with 4MB cache is a conroe?

Back