• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe CPU multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobcatDan

Ok, so I'm waiting until April 22 to get either the E6320 or E6420, but it's the decision between the two that I'm looking at. I'm going to go with the P5B Deluxe, and I know from reviews that it can reduce the multiplier from stock, but the reviews don't say in what increments it can be changed. My reason for asking is reviews show the ram I'm planning on getting maxing out around 480 MHz (give or take, I've seen as low as 480 and as high as 533). Anyway, the x7 multiplier wouldn't get as high CPU speeds as I think I could get, but the x8 multiplier wouldn't take full advantage of the ram. so I was thinking if the P5B can do x7.5 (on the E6420), that would be as close to perfect as possible. Anyway, so does anyone know what increments the P5B can change the CPU multiplier? Thanks.
Dan

EDIT: If this should be in the Asus board section, please move it. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Rocinante said:
I don't believe any Intel CPU of late uses half multipliers...

Yeah, from searching around I got that impression, no one said specifically but I never saw a x.5, so I assume it doesn't. Thanks.
Dan

Back