• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts component input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

On the 8800GTS I noticed it comes with component cable inputs, anyone know if it can input true HD quality video? or is it merely a translation to s-video? Does it support progressive scan?

NoKtEm said:
On the 8800GTS I noticed it comes with component cable inputs, anyone know if it can input true HD quality video? or is it merely a translation to s-video? Does it support progressive scan?

Those are output cables. No component input that isn't a professional solution. They cost at least $1,500.

Man I came to this thread by googling... I wanted to hook up component to a 22" LCD that only has DVI and VGA, and I figured I could use the component dongle with the 8800GT, but that's a NO GO!!

Output only.

The 'S-Video' looking port on the back of the gfx card has extra pins above the S-Video spec. You can hook up an S-Video cable and it will work, or you can use the component dongle which makes use of the extra pins for a component signal. Component and S-Video look like doo-doo coming out of gfx cards, though, for some reason.

Back