• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage V GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TripleSix

Registered
I have my voltage set at 1.4v and my temp goes up to 50oc on full load.
I don't want to have any more temp increases but would like to squeeze a little more GHz out of the processor.
If I increase the speed (FSB) are the temps likely to increase?
Or is it voltage changes that increases the temp?

both will increase your temps. in my experience, the vcore makes more of a difference than the mhz.

really, your temps are fine all the way up to 65c IMO.

Wow, you have a serious overclocked CPU.
What are your temps like?

full load is around 62-65c with orthos, depending on the loop.

been running at this speed or higher for months now.

A bit more than mine.
that makes me feel a little better.
I Ran my new rig at 3.0GHz for nearly 2 weeks (27Hrs test on Orthos)
I am gonna run Orthos tonight 3.3GHz 'till I come home from work tomorrow that will be around 14Hrs if all is fine I'm gonna try to hit 3.4GHz.

If I had known that my rig would coverclock so much I would have gone for the cheaper E4300 CPU and upgraded my graphics.
I am now in the process of saving up for an 8800GTS, I will also need a new PSU as well so it might take some time :(

Both speed and voltage definitely increase temperature; however, I think typically a voltage bump will increase the temps more under most circumstances.

I think that some chips will behave differently though, for example, I just got this 3800 X2 toledo which seems to run on very low voltage. This chip seems to get hot fast even on 1.2V. Voltage helps it alot but does not increase the temps much, the speed increases increase the temps alot. For me this is the only chip that was ever like this.

Back