• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax Galaxy is a BEAST! Check it out..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

wow.. talk about an uber psu :drool:

so who wants to buy one so we all know how well it works? i havent seen anyone around here with one :shrug:

anyways

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2956&p=8

Enermax showed how much hardware its Galaxy 1000W can power. According to Enermax, the PSU delivered 933 W to 24 80GB hard disks, four Opteron 8212 CPUs, four 3Ware 9650 drive controllers, a GeForce 7600GX and 8GB of RAM (16 x 512MB).

Galaxy.jpg

Galaxy.jpg

That is an impressive amount of HDD, but I would like to know the power requirements for running them, something smells strange...

Oklahoma Wolf said:
The Galaxys are nice. Personally, I'm waiting on this one: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/436/1/

Andyson built server grade unit, 12v @ 150A - it's been UL approved as a 1.6kW unit and should be on the shelves before too long.

And wow, that is alot of PSU.

Yeah, they "measured" 933W power draw, but I would like to know how they got that number. I can't really picture that system drawing more than perhaps 600-700W. They probably measured at the outlet.

a 7600GX? If I were advertising a PSU, I would DEFINATELY use SLI 8800GTX's, or atleast SLI 7950GTX's...

Or their ATI equivalents. Sorry, I've only used 1 ATI card and that was over 4 years ago... :D

Dayum! :eek: Enermax must've reworked their quality control. I remember way back several of my Enermax psu's died mysteriously. Still don't have a clue till this day.

reclaimer122 said:
a 7600GX? If I were advertising a PSU, I would DEFINATELY use SLI 8800GTX's, or atleast SLI 7950GTX's...

Or their ATI equivalents. Sorry, I've only used 1 ATI card and that was over 4 years ago... :D
They were showing it in an (over the top) server environment. Powerful 3D graphics cards arent a requirement.

Legit Reviews said:
"With the +12V rail being rated at 1800W that means it can handle an amazing 150A load! To put this into perspective, NVIDIA's power hungry 8800GTX DirectX 10 compliant graphics cards uses ~30A. If one was to run a pair of 8800GTX graphics cards in SLI it would double to roughly 60A, which leaves another 90A available to use up on the Ultra X3 Modular 2000W PSU."

30 amps?! is that accurate? how the hell does a 8800 GTX work on multi-railed PSU's in that case? :confused:

Xione said:
30 amps?! is that accurate? how the hell does a 8800 GTX work on multi-railed PSU's in that case? :confused:

Most overclockers/gamers, including those who have no business running review sites (Legit Reviews, BigBruin, 3DGameMan, etc.) overestimate power draw/everything based on vague anecdotal information.

mantralord said:
Most overclockers/gamers, including those who have no business running review sites (Legit Reviews, BigBruin, 3DGameMan, etc.) overestimate power draw/everything based on vague anecdotal information.
QFT :rolleyes:

Fr3@k3r said:
god help us when it becomes that a computer needs a 5kw or hell 10kw power supply.

FR,

Already have this one ordered for contingency future requirerments. :)

Attachments

• Power Supply.JPG
    Power Supply.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 252
Back