• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pci bus lock and fsb question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietkangta

im running on a MS-6593 motherboard with my 2400+
In my bios i can only see the multiplier and fsb settings. So if i dont see an agp or pci bus lock setting, i shouldn;t be raisiing my fsb right? Ive read through overclocker's guide and i dont see it mentioned so i dont know if i should do it or not. Can i raise my fsb without damaging my pci and agp components?

Sometimes the board has a bult in auto PCI lock and such.. Mine does.. but I dunno about yours.. Id google it and see what can be found. Other wise, I wouldnt risk it without knowing for certain.

vietkangta said:
im running on a MS-6593 motherboard with my 2400+
In my bios i can only see the multiplier and fsb settings. So if i dont see an agp or pci bus lock setting, i shouldn;t be raisiing my fsb right? Ive read through overclocker's guide and i dont see it mentioned so i dont know if i should do it or not. Can i raise my fsb without damaging my pci and agp components?

I don't think your mobo has a lock.

Do you have options to go over 133? If not, then play with it all you want. Anything less than 133 will keep you in spec :)

I also just read that your mobo has a 1/5 divider that kicks in at 152fsb. So that would mean that you could go to 165fsb and be in spec too.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33643099

Last edited:
wait my mobo has an auto lock?

For my fsb it lets me change to any value i want. a Couple of years ago i changed it to 140 but becuase i didnt have a good cooler i kept it at stock.

But im jsut scared that my pci and agp bus is not locked and thus risk breaking my hdd and other components.

Ive search long and hard on google about my motherbaord, but since it is so old i cant find much information on it. Even in my motherboard manual i cannot find the pci bus lock option or anything that hints at it.

Does anyone have the same motherboard as me? I remember reading about someone who had the same board and was able to raise his fsb.

It's not really an auto lock, but an auto divider. Once you put the fsb to 152 or above it changes the pci/agp bus to 1/5 of that. There is no setting for it, it's just 'hardcoded' into the BIOS.

To test, you could pull everything connected to the PCI/AGP/IDE, set your fsb 152, run a boot cd and check your PCI bus.

Back