• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hard would it be to switch out a Laptop HDD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auto542

I seen a laptop that I might buy, but it has a 40GB HDD and I Was wondering how hard it would be to switch out a Laptop HDD.

I cannot speak for every laptop but I have not seen a laptop that wasn't VERY simple to replace the hd and even simpler to add memory.
I will say that the laptop you are looking at seems awful expensive for what it has in it.

Office depot in your are has this

Lenovo 3000 N100 Notebook Computer with 15.4-in. VibrantView Widescreen. Intel Pentium dual core T2060 processor, 1GB memory, 120GB hard disk, Double layer DVD +-RW Drive, 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN. 4-in-1 Media Reader. Windows Vista Home Premium
$649.99

Every laptop that I've worked on has a cover over the HDD and RAM, pop the cover off, do what you need to do, put the cover back on, done.

Last edited:
Do I have to plug a wire from the HDD to the MoBo? or do I just slip it in and it has soem prongs?

hkgonra said:
I cannot speak for every laptop but I have not seen a laptop that wasn't VERY simple to replace the hd and even simpler to add memory.
I will say that the laptop you are looking at seems awful expensive for what it has in it.

Office depot in your are has this

Lenovo 3000 N100 Notebook Computer with 15.4-in. VibrantView Widescreen. Intel Pentium dual core T2060 processor, 1GB memory, 120GB hard disk, Double layer DVD +-RW Drive, 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN. 4-in-1 Media Reader. Windows Vista Home Premium
$649.99

Oh ok cool, thanks again. I will stop by there when I have the money.

Back