• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista wont connect to the internet-URGENT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

I just installed vista, installed my wireless internet card and vista drivers. The computer will connect to the router but will not connect to the internet. The router is configured fine and is working okay as im posting off it now.

Please please please help as i need the internet set up asap on my vista machine.

Try resetting the cable modem box (unplug the power for 15 seconds), or try resetting your router, or both.

Had same problem, found out card was not Really vista ready.They were using xp drivers on vista. Called manufacture and they tated that it works most of the time LOL . It was a 2 wire card. They also suggested turning off firewall .. LOL

Hope that helps

nah i got all the correct drivers installed.

Ive changed a few settings on it and now it will let me access my router cpanel where as before it wouldnt. But still no internet.

Back