• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little problem with driver/display need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Douken

Ok, I reinstalled today WinXP because the PC was kinda slow and fragmented without remedy. Ok everything fine so far except when I installed the ATi Drivers, I restart the PC and after the WinXP Bar booting screen the monitor's LED stays green(receiving signal) but there is nothing on the screen, I tried to erase the drivers with the cleaner but the same problem resulted having to switch over to IGP Intel Extreme(not) Graphics. I also tried to reposition my card, tried removing one of the 2 drives(HDD) to see if it was the PSU(250W) but it was all the same.

Card: Diamond Radeon 9250 256ram PCI Version
Drivers: Catalyst 6.5(this is the last version my card supports)

Notice: I don't and haven't install Catalyst CC

[EDIT]

4/1/07

Problem resolved read my last post:D

Last edited:
Douken said:
Ok, I reinstalled today WinXP because the PC was kinda slow and fragmented without remedy. Ok everything fine so far except when I installed the ATi Drivers, I restart the PC and after the WinXP Bar booting screen the monitor's LED stays green(receiving signal) but there is nothing on the screen, I tried to erase the drivers with the cleaner but the same problem resulted having to switch over to IGP Intel Extreme(not) Graphics. I also tried to reposition my card, tried removing one of the 2 drives(HDD) to see if it was the PSU(250W) but it was all the same.

Card: Diamond Radeon 9250 256ram PCI Version
Drivers: Catalyst 6.5(this is the last version my card supports)

Notice: I don't and haven't install Catalyst CC

Did you remeber to reinstall the MB's chipset drivers???

Viper

...lol
duh_Garfield.jpg

ViperJohn said:
Did you remeber to reinstall the MB's chipset drivers???

Viper
Thanks... I suppose that kinda didn't got into my mind

EDIT:

here is the page
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=P4i45GV R5.0

I don't see what to download since vga drivers there are for the Intel E(not) Grphix

Last edited:
well anyways, I guess is configuring the displays. here is what I have

My monitor(this one) as default but is sending signal through the IGP(wtf) the second( for dual display) is sending signal even when it says it's not active on the display settings tab. I guess I'll download Framework 2, the Catalyst CC and see what I can do...

Ok here is what I got

This one is on Radeon 9250 1 sending the signal through the IGP ----------------this one is the second display(NOT activated) while sending signal by the -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- video card(I have it connected to a TV)
wtfisgoingon.jpg

Last edited:
ViperJohn said:
You want the "INF driver ver:4.10.1012". Those are the chipset drivers.

Viper
downloaded them 2 hours ago, srry for not telling, but it didn't do much(nothing)

Douken said:
downloaded them 2 hours ago, srry for not telling, but it didn't do much(nothing)

Hmmm...Can you get a display on the ATI card booting into safe mode. Not as long as you have the on motherboard video enabled you will probably not get a display from the Radeon.

Viper

actually I got the 3 displays extended to make some 2500+*768, but whatever... I manage to get the card throwing the signal to my main monitor... Nice, Installed the latest DirectX but there's a little problem...

wth-1.jpg

I noticed at the webpage (ati) that there are some rearranged drivers, I'll try to install them and see what happens...

Douken said:
actually I got the 3 displays extended to make some 2500+*768, but whatever... I manage to get the card throwing the signal to my main monitor... Nice, Installed the latest DirectX but there's a little problem...

wth-1.jpg

I noticed at the webpage (ati) that there are some rearranged drivers, I'll try to install them and see what happens...

I am beginning to get the feeling that fresh install of Windows knackered itself from the gitgo.

Viper

hahaha.... man... I guess I'll reinstall with the original OEM Mobo then I'll change it back to this one... sights!!!!!!!!:beer:

Last edited:
OK, here is what I did yesterday.

1. Put original OEM mobo in case.
2. Reinstall WinXP with recovery CDs
3. Install SP2(restart), .NET Framework 2.0(restart) and DX9 latest version(restart).
4. Turn off, install video card, turn on, Install card drivers(restart), Switched BIOS VGA's to PCI(reboot), connected VGA cable to video card, Boot was visible, WinXP booting screen was visible after that everything black and monitor was receiving signal.
5. Turn in to my friend from Argentina, I explain the situation, he says to try couple of things and I did without results, then he said the following:

"Go into safe mode, disable the video card, reboot normally and enable the video card, then change resolutions to something very low"

To my surprise it worked...

That put aside, now my sound card doesn't want to behave so I'll continue this over the sound forum.

[EDIT]

Nah forget it, just clean out drivers(Sound Card) with driver cleaner pro, reinstall, and all good again, thanks for your support Viper:D

Last edited:
Douken said:
OK, here is what I did yesterday.

1. Put original OEM mobo in case.
2. Reinstall WinXP with recovery CDs
3. Install SP2(restart), .NET Framework 2.0(restart) and DX9 latest version(restart).
4. Turn off, install video card, turn on, Install card drivers(restart), Switched BIOS VGA's to PCI(reboot), connected VGA cable to video card, Boot was visible, WinXP booting screen was visible after that everything black and monitor was receiving signal.
5. Turn in to my friend from Argentina, I explain the situation, he says to try couple of things and I did without results, then he said the following:

"Go into safe mode, disable the video card, reboot normally and enable the video card, then change resolutions to something very low"

To my surprise it worked...

That put aside, now my sound card doesn't want to behave so I'll continue this over the sound forum.

[EDIT]

Nah forget it, just clean out drivers(Sound Card) with driver cleaner pro, reinstall, and all good again, thanks for your support Viper:D

Hmmm sounds like you have a pretty low end LCD monitor!

Viper

Back