• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished my water loop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasso

Drop some *C's on that chip... lol. Finally after about 2 weeks of planning, ordering, destroying, I have finished my waterloop. Now I just have to finish my computer. specs are:

Swiftech Apogee GT
Micro Res
MCP 355 w/Alphacool Top
MCR320 Radiator w/5 Yate Loons (2 push, 3 pull)
MCW60 GPU block
1/2" home depot tubing (for now)
smart coils
95" distilled water to 5% Thermaltake coolant

Its been a real rollercoaster experience for me. I destroyed a stock mcp 355 (burned pcb because of coolant leak), a danger den maze 5(leaked coolant and as a result killed my 355), and a POS geforce 6600LE (didnt care much for vid card anyway). started off with 3/8" tubing from the pump to cpu block and res to pump, then I blew the pump and decided to just go all out and go 1/2". I will most likely be upgrading the tubing next. I've been leak testing for about 3 days now and so far so good (knock on wood). I modded my psu fan to 5V so now my whole setup is inaudible except for some water murmer from the res. after i had eveything set up, i fire her up and screen stutters and goes out; i find out i broke a resistor. So now I will be ordering an 8800 gts 640mb after the price drop in a couple days. now onto the pics.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Cool pics. I can't wait for my danger den stuff to arrive...probably another month for me! :( I'm in Canada and I need to wait for pay pal to clear a bank transfer first :bang head

Too bad for me though I got a boring looking tubing.

thanks, but my tubing is boring old tubing too, just wrapped with anti-kink coils

if u flip ur radiator around youl save on tube length so betteer flow

is it possible or not to do it?

Congrats Kasso. :beer:

In that pic, it looks like your PSU exhaust gets drawn through the rad. That will raise your coolant temp by about 20%.

lekyiscool said:
if u flip ur radiator around youl save on tube length so betteer flow

is it possible or not to do it?
i agree with leky, is there anyway for you to flip it and make the barbs face the rear/bottom of the case?

other than that it looks good :)

i did forsee the psu exhaust as a problem. i mounted the barbs on top because i thought that was the generally accepted position. but, i will probably mount the rad on top of the case with the barbs facing down in the future with the tubing upgrade.

oh yeah i forgot to ask this earlier.

are you using the thicker o-ring on your apogee GT? i'm in the middle of doing a refresh on my loop and upgrading to the GT. i've been hearing negative things about the thicker o-ring on athlon64 cpus. with all the info about it only on c2d cpus, info on it is little.

i already have it but don't know if i should replace the stock one with the thicker one.

thanks.

aiya said:
oh yeah i forgot to ask this earlier.

are you using the thicker o-ring on your apogee GT? i'm in the middle of doing a refresh on my loop and upgrading to the GT. i've been hearing negative things about the thicker o-ring on athlon64 cpus. with all the info about it only on c2d cpus, info on it is little.

i already have it but don't know if i should replace the stock one with the thicker one.

thanks.

i left the stock o-ring. i still have the thicker one so when i switch over to tygon i'll see how it works.

Back