• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H as Screensaver -> Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

Unfortunately, I don't have a rig to dedicate 100% to folding, but I do want to use the screensaver.

I've run into a minor problem that I'd like to fix if possible, though. When running the screensaver in recent versions, it doesn't return to the Windows login screen after its disabled. Is there any solution or am I stuck?

not sure what the issue is ... most of us hardcores don't use the gui version ... but my unknowing guess is that it is an issue either because there are prolems in windows with multiple open g/l apps, or perhaps some other progs that may be on your rig (including spyware) may be interfering with the screesaver mode.

Not sure why you want the screensaver mode, but i expect running it as a service (ie hidden) will cause fewer issues.

I don't even know why Stanford still has the GUI/screensaver still available....the really have a lot of bugs in them.
Suggestion, remove the Screensaver version, and install the Client version. Better yet, install Wedo's One-click install!
Wedo's one click install is really simple. It'll install and run as a service, when you boot up, it'll automatically start.
The amazing thing about F@H is that the CPU Priority is set to "Idle" by default, this allows it to "Step out of the way" as soon as you start using you computer!
Here is a link to the One-Click install page, it has the things that you need to know in order to install it! http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231247
Good luck!

Back