• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWS: NVIDIA RECALLING ALL 8800GTS AND GTX CARDS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/01/0429218&from=rss

"NVIDIA has admitted to a killer bug in all GeForce 8800GTX/GTS cards, and will recall all affected cards and replace them. 'An NVIDIA engineer, who wishes to remain anonymous, has just clued us in on the whole deal. This engineer claims that while allegations of poor gaming performance are correct, the reason is not really poor drivers. Brace yourself for the truth: Right after the G80 was taped out, NVIDIA discovered a bug in the vertex shader that causes the GPU to generate slightly incorrect geometry transformation data. The difference was minimal enough to escape attention but it was significant enough to render a scene incorrectly.' The article also links to a secret website which will allow gamers to purchase Nvidia cards at cost."

:beer: lol gotta love april fools ;)

You know someone will forget its April Fools and take this way too seriously.

J-Sap said:
You know someone will forget its April Fools and take this way too seriously.
^^^
That was me. I completely forgot. I got to that last line where it said that it also link to a place to buy nvidia cards at cost. My mind was already running. I was about to get me a 8800 card.

LOL. I guess I will have to make sure I remember that for the rest of the day.

They should recall all their drivers and provide us with good replacement drivers for the g80.

Considering the source I would say that is complete BS and Techarp just want to suck you into clicking
buttons for reasons of their own.

I give it about as much credance as Techarp's their why the delay on R600 "scoop" which tried to suck
you into the same button clicking "Lawyer" crap.

Viper

Back