• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whenever my LAN disconnects I get a BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzNaLaN15

So when my router crashes and it automatically reconnects to the lan, my computer gets a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER this happens like 50% of the time. Whats this mean?

Sounds like it might be a driver problem. I've gotten BSODs before with similar situations. Does it give any file information that may have caused the problem?

AzNaLaN15 said:
So when my router crashes and it automatically reconnects to the lan, my computer gets a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER this happens like 50% of the time. Whats this mean?

STOP: BAD_POOL_CALLER probably is because of a buggy driver.

i'll be sure to pay attention to the file information the next time it BSODs, as of now i havent disconnected so no BSODs luckily

i dont think i have a custom host file, anyway to check on this?

buggy driver on the video card end or nic end?

You would know if you had edited it.

"J:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc" where j is my system disk
or on xp...
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc"

file called hosts

will probably be the NIC driver.
there wont be any harm in finding the latest one anyway.

AzNaLaN15 said:
i'll be sure to pay attention to the file information the next time it BSODs, as of now i havent disconnected so no BSODs luckily

i dont think i have a custom host file, anyway to check on this?

buggy driver on the video card end or nic end?

The NIC end.

lol damn motherboard drivers... i think the one i have is the newest one also...

Back