• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-Max & FSB Gap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I've seen a few references to some motherboards having a FSB gap between ~350 to ~390 MHz. Does anyone know if the AW9D-Max suffers from this problem?
Thx

Deanzo said:
Dont quote me but I think thats with 965 chipset.

Though the FSB drops off pretty fast over 400 on the AW9D Max but no gap as such.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have this gap. I run mine in those ranges when I started overclocking this board, had no problems. Sitting at 400 now, can hit 425, but it sometimes flakes out...and that is at 2.0v on the NB...*sigh*

429 was the most I could get out of it w/ stable ORTHOS. However I have booted at 450FSB but was not able to start any programs let alone ORTHOS or Prime95.

I have mine sitting at 419FSB stable w/ a 12+ HRS of ORTHOS blend test.

Thx guys. With the coming price drop the 6700 isn't supposed to be quite so overpriced as it is now, so I'm considering it or a 6600. If the board doesn't work at 360-370mhz, the 6700 would be a really bad option.

Back