• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beat my E4300 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Temps were skyhigh when I ran TAT at this setting, over 70c at load. It did not crash the brief time I ran it before I got scared of the temps, about 10 seconds lol. Seemed stable browsing this site and the CPUZ validation. If only I had better cooling, I have the Tuniq but running slow yate loon in it and rear case fan now. The stock Tuniq fan was worse even cranked up believe it or not I think the rear case fan held it back. This was done with 1.4 vCore in the bios. I just need to work out a few things with the memory and I am pretty sure I can go higher. As far as stability goes I don't know how long could last at these settings. If I am out of bounds here without a totally stable overclock let me know and feel free to delete my post.

Last edited:
hmm i should of did a cpuz screenshot of mine maybe ill do one later tonight

untitledcr8.png

Excellent redrumy3! Congrats with the highest here yet. I have been put in my place lol. Will be interesting to see if anyone goes higher. I have been trying to get to 3600 for a 100% overclock and I just cannot do it yet. Got a little higher so far though:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=183327

inkfx said:
Very nice clocks guys. I was under the impression those Allendales needed a bit more voltage to get up in that range.
Thanks! It seems most do. For some reason mine seems to run good at lower voltages. Apparently reds and a few others I have seen do as well. Luck of the draw with these chips. I run all the time completely stable at 3.2 with 1.28v reported on my motherboard monitor software. I can't remember what I have selected in the bios but it is lower...I think 1.275

I cannot beat your OC, my cpu or potentially motherboard poops out in the 390-395 FSB range regardless of voltage, memory speeds, etc. Still pleased I can at least run superPi 1M at 3.51ghz. 3.2ghz is perfectly stable at 1.4v where I will run it from now on.

3510_c2d_testing.jpg

what week e4300s do you guys have...i am wondering if they are newer b/c i am about to order a e4300 myself.

Jhatfie:That is still a great overclock for a chip rated at 1.8GHz. I know I NEVER expected to be able to run the speed I do everyday or get the high OC's I have with this chip and the setup I have.

Clo007: I have a week 41 retail chip. Batch #Q641A395. I think some of the other members here are getting pretty high overclocks with newer weeks as well, but not sure. Of course it depends on your setup but I think some chips just go higher regardless of the week. I really do not know. From what I have read it seems retail chips tend to be better.

I have been limited on time to do much experimenting but I still have not been able to crack 3.6GHz. I guess I should be happy to hit 396x9 but I would really like to achieve a 100% overclock on air! This forum has turned me into an overclocking addict.

very nice overclock! what are your 1m super pi times? I see the 3.5ghz chip doing 16.2seconds seems kinda slow for that speed.

That makes me kinda wonder cause my E6600 at 3.6 would run roughly 14's when I had it. Makes me curious if these E4X00's are that much slower just cause of the cache.

~jtjuska

Back