• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax EGA850EWL Galaxy 850W Sli Power Supply keeps beeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkny10555

okay so i have an " Enermax PS-GAL850 EGA850EWL Galaxy 850W Sli Power Supply "
i have the stryker extreme board
E6600
2 8800gtx in sli
2 Raptor 74gb in Raid 0
DVD burner
i configured the SLI and the power supply started to beep with a red light
i read to check the fan but its not that
I have each of the four connections for the 8800GTX SLI cards all by themselves nothing else on them
wasup
NEED HELP ITS DRIVING ME NUTZ :bang head

hi there

donno if its the same problems as i had with the 1000watt but the power pack was not compatible with my motherboard it worked with 1 rapter drive and 9800gtx and ide dvd-rw but when i upgraided my dvd to sata i had lots of problems just would not boot up only worked if i took the sata out i had a look on some forum and came across a web page with what motherboards it will work with have a look on google

let us no the out come !

When you enabl SLI it draws alot more power from the unit. the unit when performing correct is perfectly capable of running that system. so what i am thinking is there is a issue with your power supply. its probably abd and not capable or holding the current draw of power (hence the beeping). call enermax tech support and have them RMA your PSU and get a new one.

i will have to call them tomorrow ..it suxs to know that something has happened..i hope they have a quick fix for me or just send me a new one..thanks for the heads up.

P.S. i want my freaking SLI its why i upgraded

thanks

Airbornederekc said:
When you enabl SLI it draws alot more power from the unit. the unit when performing correct is perfectly capable of running that system. so what i am thinking is there is a issue with your power supply. its probably abd and not capable or holding the current draw of power (hence the beeping). call enermax tech support and have them RMA your PSU and get a new one.
is there a compatible problem with some motherboards with the 1000watt galaxy then right a enuff

i used PC PROBE II and it shows 2 warnings

Default 1.2 HT Voltage but its in red at 1.52
Default 1.5 SB Voltage but its in red at 1.73

any idea wasup with that ? :bang head
i have to say that this is the first computer that i have every had issues building

P.S. i have put in for an RMA with the company i got the unit from eWiz
will keep you posted
i am in a mood that i just want to go out and buy another power supply unit now

i got my RMA this morning so i will ship this thing out today
lets see what happens

I installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R lastnight and it went through the install with no beeps but asoon as i started the game it started to beep red..suxs

yea i push the reset button and it just starts to beep again
This happens for anything i do
If i launch S.T.A.L.K.E.R it starts to beep and beep and beep
I clear it and it will just start to beep and beep and beep
I close the game and it will stop beeping
then about every few sec it will beep and beep :eek:

I have used a Galaxy 1000W and experienced the same problem, turned out it was just a bad PCI-E cable. Maybe you can also try disconnecting each cable one at a time to see if the beeping would stop.

:bang head i tried this

one 8800GTX
2 from power supply PCIe cable

i did this with each card

also
two PCIe single cable from power supply
then
two single PCIe cable with built in PCIe cables
but still beeps.

sux to think that such a power supply does this .boooo on this powersupply

i went to help my buddy build his computer yesturday. " he is not really aware of how to do so " he could not get it to power up
After checking he did not connect the 12V cable <--hmm-->
WE GOT HIM RUNNING

now it suxs that my system is not running and just collecting dust at home
by the way he called out sick today
must have been up all night playing WOW :cry:

Back