• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange startup problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skeith

So I installed speedfan, and put a shortcut in the startup folder. However when I start up windows two instances of speedfan launch. I checked my sytartup folder to make sure there was only one shortcut, and sute enough only one.

So I check msconfig, and for some reason there is two instances of speedfan in there. I remove one and reboot, speedfand doesnt load up. I check msconfig again and both are gone. So I put the shortcut in startup folder again and reboot. Two instances load up again. Once again I go into msconfig and remove the other instance of speedfan this time. Reboot and it doesnt star up. Checked msconfig and both are gone.

Whats going on here? I have speedfan loading sucessfully on my desktop just by dropping the shortcut into the startup folder, however on my laptop Im having no luck what so ever.

Should I enter the directory into the startup section of msconfig manualy? If so how? (I used to know how but cant remember).

Ideas? This has been driving me crazy.

Never mind I got it working.

I entered a string

speedfan - "C:\Programfiles\speedFan\speedfan.exe"

under

HKEY_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

all is working now.

Back