• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VISTA's DRM/CRM - How Bad Is It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Can anyone tell me how bad VISTA's DRM is like for example is all back up software like DVD Shrink and DVDFAB banned when trying to use it. I am currently in a joint family project in trying to copy loads of VHS tapes to DVD (the VHS DVD Recorder cost be a bomb too). Anyways I have just ordered VISTA Ultimate 32x and would like to know if I can use these to create a few copies of the DVD's.

I read before it was coming out you needed a special monitor with DRM or something to play DVD's and Blu-Ray/HD-DVD's. Or infact any DRM'd content controlled.

I haven't seen any evidence of DRM at all. I have ripped most of my DVDs to my computer, games too, and nothing has happened (I do it because I hate searching for the cd/dvd, especially for games).

I havnt run into problems myself, and I've been ripping dvds as well. The only problem I'm having is finding a peice of software to change vob to wmv thats fully vista compatable.(for Media Center)

However, SSS has said that he couldnt get any of his movies to play on vista...

If you run into a problem where you cant do something because of DRM( like watch a movie or ripping a disk), generally AnyDVD will disable any security software on the dvd.

I think DRM will be implimented with BR-DVD and HD-DVD, and if for some reason the DRM kicks in, you have to watch the movie at low resolution instead of high.

I have copied lots of my DVDs in Vista no problem.

Excellent thanks for the replies I just thought it applied to all media that can be ripped thats all will be nice to try and get used to a new op sys.

Back