• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enhance wireless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

im trying to connect to wireless across the street. i have a linksys usb wireless external box looking thing that looks like a router .model wusb11 v2.5.

any tips on how to make my connection stronger. better drivers, tin foil, anything??

First ask permission from the owner of the wireless/internet connection, then look into getting a stronger signal once you are allowed to.

Err.. This is kinda like asking "how can I steal Windows" or "can I gets free cable".

Maybe if you offer to help your neighbor set up wireless security he'd be willing to help you out/share by relocating his router or whatever.

As an aside, my ex-gf's crazy and fairly wealthy uncle used an old compaq desktop with a MSI-branded PCI wireless card and a huge omni-directional antenna to draw in neighbors' wireless connections just for "fun". From the compaq he sent the signal to a router that he repeated throughout his house. I kept wondering why that wireless connection would die when it rained there but his wired cable connection (repeated on a separate SSID and wpa protected) would stay on when he informed me that I was apparently using the wrong connection.

Back