• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP - MSI K7T266 Pro2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sims

Registered
Replacing the MB in sig with MSI K7T266 Pro2 MB using Crucial PC2100 256M of RAM.

After starup MB won't accept input from keyboard. I tried another keyboard same problem.

Occasionally get msg CMOS configured wrong. But can't get into BIOS to fix anything. Tried clearing memory, no help.

I'm using the alpha HS which is not hooked into the fan header so I'm getting warning that fan is not running and do I want to shut down. If I choose N right away it will take it but then won't take anymore inputs. Sometimes I don't get warning but still after a couple of seconds the MB won't take inputs.

I've only got the floppy drive and 1 HD hooked up right now. I've noticed light don't go on on floppy but I don't think it's gotten to that part of the startup.

I've got the D-LED hooked up and it says I'm at Processor Initialization. After a few more seconds the MB quits sending output to monitor so it goest into standby.

Need help here. Is this a bad board or am I doing something funny?

Thanks...

The only thing I can think of is if your HSF is not sitting right and the cpu is overheating. Might wanna touch the base (carefully) to see if it is warm. If its cool to the touch then you don't have good contact.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but check it out anyways.

Keyboards in right spot because I can usually get 1 key off. Not enough for BIOS though.

HS is seated pretty firm, but it's worth a try. When I've had heat problems before the computer will just shut down.

Keep em coming.

Have you tried clearing the cmos and starting all over. Also, the 3.2 version of the bios, available on MSI's site, will let you turn off the fan warning.

I did try reseting the CMOS. No help though. Unfortunately until I figure out why it won't accept key strokes I can't update.

This is a real pain.

I'm NOT sure but i think your memory is not good. You can try another stick if you have more. I got something like that happened to me before "the D-LED hooked up and it says I'm at Processor Initialization." Hope that help.

I don't have any more memory to test with, I'll have to try it other banks. But wouldn't I get some beeps if the RAM was bad?

I have had bad ram, got right into windows, then the blue screen of death, never went away, got new ram, and it worked perfectly!

Maybe a silly question, but did you stick your memory surely in Bank 1? Check also if you sticked in the memory tight.
What about your PSU and the ATX connector? Is it connected well? What kind of PSU are you using? How many Watts?

OK. If you take out all your memory(s) and turn you comp back on again, if you here beeps sound then the CPU is OK. When you install memory(s) in the computer even if it bad or good, it will not make beeps sound.

Back