• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project DD Torture Rack(56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Hi guys...This project was started around Xmas time, and was delayed for the sexy EK blocks :) I was using a MM Twice7 case before, but after a while I found it still too "enclosed" for my taste. I was gonna order the U2-UFO Horizon, but just couldn't justified the $300+USD pricetag. After debating for a while to design my own case, I ended up buying the DD Torture Rack for my project.

The one thing I liked the most is the positioning of the fans, it was made for the BI series radiator, but after some screw holes modification, it holds a PA120.2 on the side np, and I can add another one to the other side if I ever needed the extra cooling.

Blocks consist the following: Dtek Fusion, EK mofset blocks for Commando, , EK 8800gtx full cover block and EK NB/SB blocks, for a total of 6 blocks in a single loop. I had 2x DCC+ with Petras top, but decided to use a single D5 for now.

At first I was a bit worried about the temp, as the 120.2 might not have enough cooling power for all the heatloads, but actually the temps are better than I expected, with the components listed in my sig, the CPU temp are around 40C/48C idle/load, and the GPU stays below 50C while gaming.

What do you guys think? :)

PIC!!!

Last edited:
I only saw one pic, also you need to add some color to that loop.. Clear is so..... dull..

I'll reach through teh intarweb and slap you silly if you don't immediately put clamps on the tubing round the Fuzion. :D

LOL....I've picked the 7/16" ID 11/16" OD Tygon for this project, and theres like almost ZERO gap between the barbs with the Tygon on :( maybe I will just put some tiny ziptie :)

nikhsub1 said:
I'll reach through teh intarweb and slap you silly if you don't immediately put clamps on the tubing round the Fuzion. :D

I will add more pics once I'm home!

Most people have had that problem with the d-tek fusion top, that the worm driven clamps will not go on.

I eventually got them on, you really have to push hard without slicing the tubing. A little lubrication can help.

you guys must have mammoth balls to trust those things =O especially with softer tubing like tygon or clearflex. looks hot, but... metal clamps... please get some metal clamps... would be sad to see that beast spring a leak.

Actually, I found ziptie works best on softer tubing, since you can tighten it more into the tube, without help from a screwdriver needed for a metal worm clamp. I've used them all, and they all did a good job :beer:

Valk said:
you guys must have mammoth balls to trust those things =O especially with softer tubing like tygon or clearflex. looks hot, but... metal clamps... please get some metal clamps... would be sad to see that beast spring a leak.

I have a fuzion with 3/4"OD tubing, and I have metal clamps on mine. What you have to do is to put one tube on, clamp it down, put the other tube on, and then clamp is down. It really wasn't that hard. I did try to use EK barbs with the block but they are a no go as they are larger than the stock barbs.

How do you get the zip tie off when you want to take the loop apart?

Worm clamps..... you can use over and over again

I would rather have moved from a twice 7 to a U2 UF0

I have also found that on a zip-tie, where the teeth fit into the clamp part, theres a small gap and therefore the ziptie doesn't produce a totally rounded fit around the barb. Once when I was moving the tube a bit on my fuzion, water squirted out of that space.

Back